[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - How to contact a reviewer?

How to contact a reviewer?

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

How to contact a reviewer?

Postby TeamMagicParrot » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Currently, I'm working on my TMP Final to be published.

So far, I seemed to have fixed most of his questions, but I don't know how to get him to respond, or I don't know if he knows that I responded to his review (confusing, yes)..

In other words, if I leave a reviewer note on my cache, will he respond to it? It's been a few days, so I'm just curious.

No other of the TMP Quest caches had this problem- but the final had one part, that is a question-to-answer (basically a plaque, that using the information, you could determine the next coordinates with the cache page) and the fact that it is a challenge cache.

Is it not OK to have your cache containing information that is needed from previous caches that you have made? In the TMP Quest, you had to remember the colors of the containers of a few caches, and those would be used in the final. Is that an ALR? Let me know-thanks!
TeamMagicParrot

Re: How to contact a reviewer?

Postby addisonbr » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Best way to get in touch with a reviewer is through this link on the profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/email/?guid=1 ... 0e800d3c79

It's not to say that he/she won't respond to a note on the cache profile, but depending on the other settings for your cache it may or not actively be in the queue for the reviewer to see it. At least by sending an email you know that an action item will be generated.

AFAIK, it's okay to have your final cache depend on information gathered from other caches. It's not considered an ALR. But it wouldn't be considered a challenge cache, because challenge caches can't depend on specific caches to be completed ("Find a cache in each county" = okay for a challenge cache, "Find these four caches to pick up clues" = not okay for a challenge cache). But it doesn't really matter that it's not technically a challenge cache - you can still run it the way that you're envisioning it; there are plenty of other examples of Unknown caches where to get information for the final you have to find other caches first.

The only implication of it not being a challenge cache is that you can't delete logs for people not completing the component parts. In other words, if someone somehow signed the final log for the TMP Final without finding the individual TMP caches that have the clues, you would have to let the find stand. But I don't think that would be a huge deal.
addisonbr

Postby Child Of Atom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:06 pm

If you know who your reviewer is you can email them from their profile just like any other geocaching.com member. When you get pulled out of the queue and then alter your listing you move to the back of the queue when you resubmit so it might take a little while depending on what else has been submitted.
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby halijusapa » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 am

Just remember, NY Admin can be very "funny" about things compared to some of the other nearby admins (i.e. CTReviewer, OReviewer.....though Pofe (who used to be the admin for NJ and CT, now split between the first 2 I mention in these parenthesis) used to be kind of fickle too), so don't be surprised if no response yet or if he/she has issues with caches that many other admins seem to "allow".

But there are plenty of series caches where you have to get clues from other caches to "solve" the final. Right here in Westchester there's the Paladin Quest series and the new "Corporate Cache" series from BriGuy27 (a newcomer to our region from Upstate NY who has become super active as both a finder and a hider in central and northern Westchester County......maybe he'll go on here someday). So I don't think that is the issue (since those caches are in NY Admin territory).
halijusapa

Postby TeamMagicParrot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks all- realized that I needed to re-enable it for it to be seen by the reviewer for re-review.

The comments about challenge/not challenge were also very helpful, so I created the cache in a way that while it is possible to attempt the cache at first, it would be unwise, because you would not have the starting coordinates. To obtain the starting coordinates, you needed to have found some of the other TMP Quest caches. Sounds good?

Hope to see some logs on the final from the MetroNYGC group too! Thanks!
TeamMagicParrot

Return to GeoCache Hides