[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - March 29 - 4qua5 continued (GC1N0C7)

March 29 - 4qua5 continued (GC1N0C7)

Re: 4qua5

Postby hallycat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:35 pm

I had a lot of fun yesterday! Thanks for the fun series Gerk! What a good sport, tagging along and tossing snowballs at us while we hunted your series. And then we couldn't even help you find the ones you needed.

I've added 5 new friends to my caching buddy family :)
Upper Manhattan is neat and who woulda thunk it was all uphill :D

PS, I am not so sure that the last person to find the Inwood Caves put it back. I emailed him to ask. Will let y'all know if I hear back.
Oh yea, and I can be paid not to send the evidence of the Bonick0 attack to the NYPD.
hallycat

Postby Tatanka49 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Glad you guys had a great time and no one came home frostbitten. We had a temp of 2 degrees in Monticello on Sunday morning and it had snowed all night. We picked up another 7 or 8 inches on top of the 5 that was there. Once snow stopped, we went sledding and had a great time. These bones are too old for much of it and I'm kind of sore--but out 13 scouts had a great time. Snow was so cold that it was powdery and the air was so cold it didn't melt..so few wet clothes and gloves.
Tatanka49

Postby gerkmax » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:21 pm

I want to thank AddisonBR and ChildofAtom for sending (texting) some help our way, but by that time we had already been there for about an hour. I think we had already turned over every rock, well... except for that one crucial rock that was hiding the cache (if it's still there).

I wonder what the "train police" thought when they saw all of the snow in the area moved around. "What kind of terrorists are these? The moved all the snow! I better call for backup. We need to check under every single one of these rocks. Hey, look a cache!"
gerkmax

Postby hallycat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:00 pm

hallycat

Postby Bonick0 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 pm

I had a fantastic time hiking through the snow and making new friends. According to the GPSr we walked 9.6 miles. Great job guys! See you next time.
Bonick0

Postby buttaskotch » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

buttaskotch

Postby gerkmax » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Butta, Sorry to hear that you're sick. My cough got worse during the trek on Sunday.

PS. By the way, I checked today, and The GOAT is still there. I posted a note on the cache page as well.
gerkmax

Postby buttaskotch » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks, Peeves79 and I went caching on LI Monday in the snow. I have been outside playing for the better part of a month trying to hit a milestone, and now I am paying for it.
Peeves79, Bonick0 and I will have to go back for the Goat and Indian Caves (I seriously think I know where it is, just can't get to it w/the ice-gonna have to wait for a thaw). We are figuring on doing 5 start New York obscenely early on a Sunday morning so we can pull up to the areas and get the answers.
buttaskotch

Postby peeves79 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 am

But buttaskotch you only have 8 more to go!
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby Sakiman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Sakiman

Postby gerkmax » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 am

HEY! I seem to be taking the blame on all the snowball hits. :shock: I may have thrown 2 or 3, but I didn't hit anyone. And, I was a victim too! :cry:

Maybe we can do another "hunt" for 4quA5 when the snow melts? I should have three more for this series placed by then.

If anyone needs me while in the field or doing one of my caches, my number is 917 648-8954

-Gerk aka Ken
gerkmax

Postby halijusapa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Despite not making the last one, if/when you try again when there's no snow (and maybe just a tiny bit warmer) would certainly be interested in trying that and the caves again (hopefully, it will not have rained the day before, one of our attempts at the caves was the day after a good rainstorm and it was just as slippery as I imagine the snow was....though "body sledding" down the hill as I think someone described either here or in one of the DNF logs must have been quite fun :D ).

Keep in mind that Dog and Bear has an event out in Babylon, LI on 2/15 which might cut down on the crowd if it's that day. I think he also personally emailed a lot of people including us about it, but we haven't decided (kind of far, but good excuse to hit some Long Island caches, especially after Lisa was blabbing to everyone at the diner event about why they don't "cache up north", going would make that a lot less hypocritical ;) ).

Super Bowl Sunday (doubt you'd do it then anyway), and looking way ahead March 29 (and possibly March 8) are no good for us due to other committments. If on a Saturday more likely to be me solo (or me and MarkSun) as my kids have a morning bowling league that Lisa is a coach in (though they're usually out by 11:30 and it's in the Bronx so they might make it). But we'll see.....
halijusapa

Postby hallycat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Gerk, thanks for the # we were saying after we left the group the other day we should have asked you for it.

I don't really think either cache is actually there. Never did hear back from the last person to find the caves one. I'd be game for another hunt though and to get the rest we missed out on due to time contraints.
hallycat

Postby addisonbr » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

The word "4qua5" just made it onto our along with other favorites such as "and", "the", and "geocaching".

I love it.
addisonbr

Postby gerkmax » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Is it a word? I think of it more as the "state of being angry, empty, tired and confused".

example: "ARRG! I can't find this cache! I feel so 4quA5, I want to break something, eat a sandwich and take a nap! Yet I want to come back and look again."

:D
gerkmax

PreviousNext

Return to 2010- Earlier Events