[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - March 29 - 4qua5 continued (GC1N0C7)

March 29 - 4qua5 continued (GC1N0C7)

March 29 - 4qua5 continued (GC1N0C7)

Postby gerkmax » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Should have done this sooner...

If anyone wants to join AugustoJr and me, we'll be meeting up at "Off the Wall" (end of 181st Street) and making a try for 4qua5 (again). Pelagori has emailed me to join our adventure. Anyone else?

Saturday, Jan 3rd at 11am.
gerkmax

Re: 4qua5

Postby gerkmax » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Okay, so it didn't work out. Augusto couldn't go, and no one else volunteered... AND I WASN'T GOING ALONE!!

I'm going to reschedule this cache search for another day.
gerkmax

Postby halijusapa » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 pm

I don't want to completely vouch for him, but I'd bet if planned a good deal in advance (and probably in a warmer time of year), my brother-in-law MarkSun would be game. In fact we probably would too if we can plan it far enough in advance to get someone to watch our kids (we went for Off the Wall a long time ago and were intrigued by 4qua5 but didn't bother since it definitely wasn't (from the description at least) one for them and they were with us). But again, probably more in the spring or something (though we did cache with MarkSun today). If you're at the Dinering event next Thursday maybe we can discuss (we and MarkSun plan to be there).

UPDATE: Went to the cache listing, and saw your note from last July, sounds like we might need a bigger group for this one.......
halijusapa

Postby gerkmax » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 am

The problem of going in warmer weather is that the weeds grow high, providing the ones who hang out there too many hiding spots for their "various activities". Also, the colder it is, the less likely anyone will be hanging out in that area. I'd like to plan a trip out there before the weather gets too warm.
gerkmax

Postby halijusapa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 am

I hear you, that's why I updated my post after reading your July log for the cache. Maybe a big group can be organized for this one, I hear Cache Ninja did some very clever, tricky hides so lots of eyes can't hurt......
halijusapa

Postby gerkmax » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Great, seems like 4-5 cachers are interested in a "group outing" for this cache. I might make an event out of it. After Tatanka's event on Thurs (where I'll hopefully get more input), I'll post more details on when we can do this.

Anyone else interested? Let me know. It'll almost definitely be a weekend event.
gerkmax

Postby lekogm » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:26 pm

Just an FYI, you can't make an event cache to go caching. You might already know this, but I thought I would say it in case you did not so as to save you some time/frustration.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby buttaskotch » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:34 pm

But you can make the cache outing a pre-cursor the the "event"
Maybe have an event at Fort Trylon park in the mid afternoon after the outing, just a thought
buttaskotch

Postby Eltoro76 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Would be interested in joining up. Haven't hit that area yet and been meaning to get there. I'll be at the Jackson Hole Diner event on Thur. See you there.
Mauricio aka ElToro76
Eltoro76

Postby gerkmax » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Great, thanks for the input. I think I'll be shooting for Sunday the 18th at 11am... for those that need to start planning now. I'll finalize the date after Tatanka's event on Thursday. How's that date?
gerkmax

Postby Bonick0 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 pm

I have it open as of now. We'll see when the date gets closer, but I just might be in for the hunt.
Bonick0

Postby pelagori » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 am

... (AKA Nick).
pelagori

Postby gerkmax » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Ok, so the date will be Sunday, January 18th at 11am. There's a restaurant where we can meet up. It's called the Park View Restaurant. It's on Dyckman, just off Broadway (it's right across the street from one of my caches, "Green Lantern").

You can contact me if you need more info. And please post here, or email me, if you're going so I can give others a better idea of the number of people going. A few of us want to bring kids, so the more the merrier... and the safer.

There seems to be at least 10 people coming, so I think we'll have a nice turn out.

Thanks everyone.

-Gerk
gerkmax

Postby halijusapa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:00 am

Is the restaurant going to be an event cache?
halijusapa

Postby gerkmax » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:12 am

As a place to meet up. I figure we can leave after a short while (10-15 mins) to search for the cache.
gerkmax

Next

Return to 2010- Earlier Events