TB Thieving Stats/Tributes

Travel Bugs, Geocoins, Pathtags

TB Thieving Stats/Tributes

Postby dolemite9 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:21 am

Ok, so my friends and I have an informal competition to steal TBs, get them out of commission, and dash the hopes of all those who launch their little 'bug' out there to travel the world. Crushing the souls of young children in this regard is particularly entertaining for us!

Fortunately for us, NYC is an excellent location for stealing TBs (though just one of many). We can't even count how many we've grabbed and keep squirreled away in our closets. All those Germans who drop their TB in Central Park? Poof. Gone. We actually compete to be the FTS (First To Steal a newly launched bug).

But herein lies the problem: We want fame and recognition for our plundering/exploits! How about Groundspeak sets up some sort of website where we can log the trackables we've stolen? That way, everyone can know how great we are! Of course, there would need to be someway to verify that the TB had in fact been stolen. No fake steals just to boost the stats. And there needs to be a safeguard such that the TB's owner can't verify that the logged steal is in fact theirs. We much prefer that owners be kept in a perpetual state of wonder, hoping that it might just turn up somewhere down the road (SUCKAS!!). That's how the real soul-crushing gets done! So how about Groundspeak?

And if my fellow TB thieves want to speak up to help fight the good fight, make sure to let people know here your username, personal email, and home address (merely so we can send each other fan mail of course). :mrgreen:

BB
dolemite9

Re: TB Thieving Stats/Tributes

Postby TeamMagicParrot » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:30 pm

TeamMagicParrot

Postby Child Of Atom » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

My Blog!
Child Of Atom

Postby dolemite9 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:51 pm

[courtesy of dictionary.com]

Satire - the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing

Farce - a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of character; foolish show; mockery; a ridiculous sham

Humor - a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement

[courtesy of Groucho Marx]

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."

"Humor is reason gone mad"

BB
dolemite9

Postby dolemite9 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Interesting site:

http://www.tb-rescue.com/

I wonder if something like this has a remotely reasonable success rate. I'd guess that someone who showed up as requested would more likely than not find nada. But it would be pretty cool when it did work out. Like for crazy out there 5* terrain caches.

I Like the 'Your TB needs help' part. Yeah, it needs to be rescued from someone who stole it, stashing it away in their closet (bastards...), not from the cache!

BB
dolemite9

Return to Trackables