[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Travel Bugs, Geocoins, Pathtags

Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Postby addisonbr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 pm

We are ready to start taking pre-orders for our first geocoin! Artwork attached (you can thank childofatom for the design) - I think it looks really cool.

. For link to ongoing coin ordering poll.

We are planning to order a run of 250 coins, comprised of two finishes. Anyone on God's Good Earth may order the coin finished in antique silver, while only members of Metro NY GS qualify to order the coin in antique gold (obviously members may also order silver coins as well). All coins *will* be trackable, with a custom icon.

We are currently taking pre-orders to raise enough money to mint the coins. The coins will normally be $7 apiece (plus S&H), but if you pre-order you can get them for just $6 (plus S&H). S&H will be as close to actual postage fees as we can engineer it, which means that the per-coin S&H cost will drop a lot for multiple-coin orders. (The coins will cost us approximately $5 or so; anything that we manage to take in above our costs will head John's way to reimburse him for ordering the Metro banner.)

If you are interested in coins, please email coins@metrogc.org and indicate which finish(es) and quantities. A special PayPal account has been set up to take pre-orders. NOTHING in the account will be touched unless and until the order to mint the coins is actually delivered to OakCoins. If for ANY reason the minting of the coins is canceled, all payments will be promptly refunded in full, 100% guaranteed.

Thanks!

addisonbr

Re: Metro NY Geocaching Society Geocoins!

Postby addisonbr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Just a quick update... Without any advertising beyond this thread, we've taken pre-orders for 27 coins so far. We need just over 200 to fully pay for the mint run, but I'm guessing we'll be comfortable enough to send the order even if we fall a little short of that.

(One important piece of information I left out before - we don't have the kind of PayPal account that can easily accept credit-card funded transfers, so we can only take payments that are either funded by a PayPal balance or by withdrawal from a bank account. Apologies for any inconveniences this might cause.)

We're shooting to get this order in before the end of the year, so if it's something you're thinking of doing please let us know. And take advantage of the $6 price - after we start the minting process they'll never be this cheap again! ;)
addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 pm

This is great! Wecan possibly take orders at the Dinering event in January. Our first anniversary is February so it would be nice to have a roll out there.

Get you coins now!!

J
Tatanka49

Postby lekogm » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 pm

I just want to verify that whoever wants to order coins should email coins@metrogc.org as well as send payment via paypal to that same address. Is that correct?

Or should whoever send emails for coins wait until they hear back from you before sending payment or just send payment based on the $6 per coin?
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby buttaskotch » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:37 am

you just send the payment in c/o the email addy
buttaskotch

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 am

addisonbr

Coin Poll

Postby lekogm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 pm

So we seem to be stuck in limbo with this coin order. My understanding is that we need to order 250 coins to get them to be trackable and it seems that we've stalled out at around 40. Not to keep shoving the coins down everyone's throats and whatnot but I just want to take the temperature of the group and see what everyone is thinking and we can come up with a better plan of action. Just so everyone knows, we're not looking to sell 250 coins, we just want to be able to sell as many as possible. We've had some people graciously offer to pitch in some cash and bring us up to the amount we need when we know everyone has made their orders so no one has to donate more money than they need to.

If you're unsure about the coins you should feel free to ask any questions here. I'm pretty sure that the poll feature is completely anonymous, so if you don't want a coin and don't want anyone to know don't worry about it. No one will. I know that I'd personally rather see 30 No votes in this poll than see 60 yes votes only to find out 20 people ordered coins. If you don't want to ask here, contact addisonbr directly as he's the coin master.

For those of you wondering, coins are $6 and we're working on how much it'll cost to ship. If we're lucky we can get these ordered and have an coin launch event and distribute them that way.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Re: Coin Poll

Postby addisonbr » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:07 pm

addisonbr

Postby Tatanka49 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm

I want, but I don't remeber if I I pre-ordered or not. I'll take 10.

J
Tatanka49

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am

addisonbr

Postby Child Of Atom » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Okay... so the order I just placed should get you "pretty close" to 60.
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I've added a little counter to the bottom of my first post in this thread (the second post overall) so that people can keep track of where we're at...
addisonbr

Postby paulo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:04 pm

just sent my order to coins@metrogc.org c/o addisonbr
paulo
Site Admin

Postby Sakiman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:54 am

Sakiman

Postby Tatanka49 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 pm

I don't remember if I ordered. Can you tell me either on or off line?

J
Tatanka49

Next

Return to Trackables