Cool way to learn about geocahces?

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Cool way to learn about geocahces?

Postby k9soldier » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

i was wondering how people feel about geocaching videos, as a newbie its help me learn about different type of hides, this is one of my favorites http://youtu.be/DHY9cHqMwoo I see allot of comments on logs saying so and so had to call geocacher2323 to find cache ect... so as a newbie i don't have that.. so what do you all think?
k9soldier

Re: Cool way to learn about geocahces?

Postby pelagori » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 pm

that certainly is a great cache in the video!

some people think that - as it's a complete spoiler - videos are bad for the game. certainly something like this should only be put up with the permission of the cache owner (CO). personally i think they are a fun way to learn about the game.

videos like this tend to feature the very creative caches and alas most are more routine than this. the best way to learn about different types of hides is to go out and find a few! if you post the general area where you live or work i am sure i or the other metro GC members can suggest a couple of fun but findable caches for you to try first....
... pelagori (AKA Nick).
pelagori

Postby k9soldier » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Great and thank you for your advice, i think the reason i started looking for videos because i was finding very boring bottle in a bush type geocaches, once i saw these videos i was excited to maybe find ones just like these and experience something new.
k9soldier

Postby halijusapa » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:30 pm

It's a lot like the videos out there for Angry Birds levels......some say it's a cheater/spoiler, others say that many would give up and lose interest without them. So it's really hard to say......I for one am glad they're out there, even if I try to avoid relying on them.
halijusapa

Return to GeoCaching