An Article on the ET Highway

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

An Article on the ET Highway

Postby ruthny » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 pm

ruthny

Re: An Article on the ET Highway

Postby CTForester » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks! I posted it on the CT Forum http://forums.ctcachers.com/ and gave you credit for the find! :) Their forum has slowed in traffic, but not as much as this site. Happy November everyone!
CTForester

Re: An Article on the ET Highway

Postby lefalaf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:00 am

Great article. Having done the first trail and enduring that "experience" it holds special meaning to me. ;)

Totally undecided on doing the second. In short, each cache is lame as you'd expect, but the whole experience is greater than the sum of it's parts, if you keep an open mind about it. It's also a good bonding experience for your group. I went with my brother. Just the two of us and no cheating like many did with the first trail. Managed 8 hundred-something in the first day. The second day we finished and did much less, although still consumed the whole day.

Highlights: alien stuff and roadside oddities; beautiful scenery; interesting wildlife; odd lights coming from area51 / groom lake; doing the 51 alien head shape caches as a night cache with the odd lights of area 51 over the hill and eerie headlights facing us in the distance from all the access roads to area 51; going insane and spelling out TFTC in stones at the side of the road; literally scaring the sh-- out of a cow; seeing a local caching team known for always being FTF, actually beat us to it by a few days!!! as the first team from our area to do the ET trail (we knew nothing of each others trips); and best of all the nice concierge at the Wynn who took all our extra provisions afterward and drove them himself to the local food bank / shelter. Thanks to my good friend Tom for the idea to ask them.

I just posted it on our local Lehigh Valley, PA board as well, with credit to Ruth FWIW. :)

Thanks!
lefalaf

Return to GeoCaching