[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - 1st find and 1st fellow geocacher on same day!

1st find and 1st fellow geocacher on same day!

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

1st find and 1st fellow geocacher on same day!

Postby abelisle » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I started geocaching 2 weeks ago and set up 5 caches and made my 1st find today. As I hiked out of the area = Pelham Bay Park, Orchard Beach, Hunter Island = "Fisherman's Cove", I saw someone approaching on a mountain bike. When we got close, he asked me if I made any finds and I asked him if he was a geocacher. He said he was and told me his handle.

Lo and behold, he was the guy who was second to find my caches. We talked about our geocaching adventures and and shared info that will be helpful in the future. Interesting, eh? having these two firsts happen nearly at the same time. Incidentally, he was going out to find the cache I had just found.
abelisle

Re: 1st find and 1st fellow geocacher on same day!

Postby halijusapa » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Aw, who did you bump into? (I have a thought since I've "watchlisted" your hides and know from that who found them today, but I'll keep quiet :D)

Welcome to the game! By the way, I saw you tried to go for "Diamond in the Rough 3 - Givans Creek Woods" today (our hide, NOT the Seton Falls multi I told you about which is our first one in the "Diamond in the Rough" series) and I'm sorry that you tore yourself up there. Last September I put in a maintenance note noting that the terrain can be pretty rough in the warmer months (we hid it in the month of December, who knew?) but I guess you have to click to look at "more logs" since there's been 5 finders since then and it doesn't show. But glad to hear you're going to wear better clothes and try again (I think it's still there but if you still don't find it let me know and I'll check.....every time we thought it was "gone" it somehow was there....).
halijusapa

Postby buzzy_cacher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Welcome to the game! I found 3 of your 4 Siwanoy Trail caches a while ago and really enjoyed them. But be warned: Once you go caching theree's no turning back, lol!
buzzy_cacher

Postby abelisle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Had my 1st FTF today "Urban Cache" in the Bronx - really neat hiding place!
abelisle

Postby buzzy_cacher » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:06 pm

You are very lucky to get your FTF so early in the game! I'm sure HaLiJuSaPa will elaborate on their FTF experiences.
buzzy_cacher

Postby halijusapa » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

halijusapa

Return to GeoCaching