[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Visiting NY from Oz (28 Sep - 15 Oct)

Visiting NY from Oz (28 Sep - 15 Oct)

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

Visiting NY from Oz (28 Sep - 15 Oct)

Postby rhinogeo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 pm

I'll be visiting NYC from the land downunder (specifically ;) ) and apart from a couple of side trips to Niagara Falls and into PA for a few days I'll be catching up with a few key landmarks I missed on my last visit to NYC in 1996 and spending my time geocaching 8-)

If any locals would like to show me how things are done in NYC or just catch up for a coffee let me know or send me a PM

Cheers

Rowan (rhinogeo)
rhinogeo

Re: Visiting NY from Oz (28 Sep - 15 Oct)

Postby addisonbr » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Rowan - hope you enjoy your time here! Have you thought about listing an informal beers and cheers happy hour event cache in the city? You could spend a day caching plan for a suds cache event when you're finished and the light starts to fade...
addisonbr

Postby rhinogeo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:50 am

rhinogeo

Postby addisonbr » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 am

I'd list it on GC.com and post about it in the Events forum here - we don't have an independent site the way you Aussies do (yes, I am jealous).

As far as a venue... I may have to defer to folks who actually have more socially interesting social lives than me (but I would be happy to take you to a kickin' nursery school class coffee). Maybe PJ Clarke's? It's not too far from either the SE corner of Central Park or the micro-cache explosion in Midtown?

Other suggestions?
addisonbr

Postby lekogm » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 am

I love PJ Clarke's. While I would go to an event there, as they can be a busy place midtown, we'd have to make sure we had X amount of people there because I'm pretty sure they'd be a little put off if we didn't have the number we said we would unless we go into their private room.

I think before we look for a venue maybe we should pick a date for the event. How does Sunday October 11th sound?
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby rhinogeo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm

rhinogeo

Postby rhinogeo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 pm

I've listed the event on GC (not approved yet but hopefully there shouldn't be any problems) 8-)

GC1YR55 - An antipodean rhino in Gotham City

Wash off the dust and cobwebs collected during a Sunday's geocaching with a cleansing ale (or other beverage of your choice) and see if those stories you've heard about aussie geocachers are true

It's not very often that a geocaching rhino makes his way to NYC so when he does he'd like to catch up with some local like-minded individuals

A late-Sunday afternoon in midtown seems to be a good time and place and after consulting with local aussie expat a suitable venue was found

Where:
The Australian, 20 West 38 Street, New York

When:
Sunday, 11 October 2009, 5:00 pm on. Drop in for a beer (or whatever else takes your fancy) and some geocaching camaraderie.

Finding Rhinogeo et al:
Geocachers have an uncanny knack of identifying each other ... finding the other attendees shouldn't be a problem
rhinogeo

Return to GeoCaching