[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - mygeocachingprofile.com

mygeocachingprofile.com

General conversation related to Geocaching

Moderator: addisonbr

mygeocachingprofile.com

Postby addisonbr » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 am

I'm not sure if you guys have seen , but it's a nifty service that lets you put some cool twists on the cache stats page that folks upload to their GC profiles. In addition to various statistical aggregation tools, they also award "GeoAchievement Badges" for hitting different kids of milestones and will automatically track your progress on some DeLorme challenges. It even has a customized template that works for a lot of other challenge caches (the kind that require you to complete a particular matrix of cache types before you can attempt the final).

It's pretty nice, and while I was poking around this morning I was surprised to discover that the site is run by our own Brainzane and Yossface! Pretty cool. Go check it out.
addisonbr

Re: mygeocachingprofile.com

Postby buttaskotch » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:54 am

Yeah, I have been using it for just over a month. Neat little app. Especially, since itsnotaboutthenumbers.com goes down every now and again. Alas, Maccaching doesn't have these features yet.
buttaskotch

Postby halijusapa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Just tried it, it is really cool, but have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer:

1) Can one edit the states it shows? Because of the old "Locationless" caches and a couple of "armchair virtuals", it shows a few more states than actually cached in (and two foreign countries, but I'm simply not showing that map). As a result I had to leave the "medals" portion out since it shows a "medal" for being in 10 or more states and only cached in I think 6 or 7 (I had a separate state map on the profile).

2) How does one get it to show First to Finds? It showed none, but we actually have 4 of them.

3) It sometimes shows the wrong "milestone" find. I manually show our first-to-finds in our profile and note that one of them was our 300th find, but it shows a cache we found 2 weeks later in the list.

But otherwise love it! Thanks for pointing out.
halijusapa

Postby lekogm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm

I think it takes the date/time from the gpx files.
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby addisonbr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 pm

I can't speak to (1) or (3), but I'll point Brainzane and Yossface to this thread.

As far as (2) goes you should be able to add them to your profile from this page:

http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/acco ... count.aspx

(About halfway down the page)
addisonbr

Postby Brainzane » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Brainzane

Postby lekogm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm

oh boy! i emailed a feature request this afternoon and got a response from a real person tonight! this is the best thing ever!

seriously. i hate automated responses.

thanks for the hard work!
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby halijusapa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Brainzane, thanks for all the info! I'll try to edit the FTF part tonight or tomorrow. Already knew about the "milestone intervals", when I manually put milestones in my profile, I had done them by 25s (but dropped to "50s" after the 200th), so I just did that as 25s right now. Neat feature!

I have an intriguing guess as to what is actually going on with it showing the incorrect find(s) as milestone(s). It shows we have 309 finds on 304 unique caches. Now what those 5 "double logs" are caches we found that months or even a year or two later were moved a significant enough distance that the CO was OK with finding it again (the shortest such move was 800 ft., the biggest over a mile! And in each case the hide was a completely new challenge from the original) and logging, even though it was the "same cache" in that it wasn't archived and given a new cache listing. It's also possible that finds that we later adopted (we have two of those) somehow mess the milestoning up. But gc.com seems to get the total correct regardless, so I wonder......any thoughts on that?
halijusapa

Postby spungebob » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 pm

What a cool site, thanks for pointing it out. The best thing about it, (other than the obvious), is that it is VERY EASY. Just submit a pocket query, and BAM... it's done. Awesome job. One question about GC.com though.....I have a bunch of FTF's, but I can't remember them. Is there a way to search easily for them on GC.com?
spungebob

Postby lekogm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 pm

--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Postby buttaskotch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:49 am

buttaskotch

Postby addisonbr » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 am

addisonbr

Postby buttaskotch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Didn't think about that. Nice one Though I haven't used bookmarks on GC yet. LOL
I will have to investigate it
buttaskotch

Postby Child Of Atom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am

Yay!! I've been longing for something like this since it became obvious that "it's not about the numbers" was never going to return. I will miss the ability to compare myself to other cachers though... especially since I was well on my way to becoming the "wordiest" cacher in NY State (based on lengths of logs.) So far I have a 1 Star Prolific Cacher Badge, and a 2 Star Well Rounded Cacher Badge.
Is your culture a counter-culture or an over-the-counter-culture?

Child Of Atom

Postby spungebob » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks for the info, that's a lot of logs to go through!
spungebob

Next

Return to GeoCaching