Port Authority Bridges & Tunnels (now $4.25) ALL TIMES

Coordinate transportation here

Port Authority Bridges & Tunnels (now $4.25) ALL TIMES

Postby paulo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:52 pm

just fyi since too few know about the discount, instructions on how to register are below

taken from Port Authority E-ZPass page
http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnels/e-zpass.html

Carpool Plan for PA Bridges & Tunnels

Carpooling is both eco-conscious and the most economical way to travel.

The Port Authority Carpool Plan provides the largest toll discount at the Port Authority bridges and tunnels. By carpooling, you save the most money and reduce the number of vehicles on the road.

* The toll for Port Authority Carpool customers is $4.25 per vehicle at all hours.
* You must have an E-ZPass account and you must register for the Port Authority Carpool Discount Plan.
* To register for the Carpool Plan, call (800) 333-8655 (New York Service Center) or (888) 288-6865 (New Jersey Service Center). Be sure to have your account number or tag number and PIN for account access.
* Three or more people must be in a vehicle to be eligible for the discount (no commercial vehicles qualify).
* Customers must use a staffed "Cash-E-ZPass" toll lane and come to a complete stop so the toll collector can verify the number of occupants in the vehicle.
Last edited by paulo on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated toll charge
paulo
Site Admin

Re: Port Authority Bridges & Tunnels $2 ALL TIMES for HOV's

Postby halijusapa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Do you need to regularly commute over the bridges to use it? Or just have to show to toll monitor that you have 3 or more poeple in the car. Do kids count for the 3 people?

My wife used to work on the NJ side of the Rockland/NJ border and she had an EZ Pass discount like that (but not for HOV) for the Tappan Zee but you had to go over it 15 or more times per month or it recalculated your tolls back to the regular rate.
halijusapa

Postby paulo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 am

halijusapa wrote:Do you need to regularly commute over the bridges to use it? Or just have to show to toll monitor that you have 3 or more poeple in the car. Do kids count for the 3 people?

Nope, you just have to call up to enroll, And kids definitely count.

To Update: You can also do this online by logging into your EZPass New York account, there is a section where you can add this plan - PACP (Port Authority Carpool Plan).

Code: Select all
Port Authority Carpool Plan**: Receive a $6.00 discount (pay $2 vs. the $8 cash toll rate) on any Port Authority bridge or tunnel. Minimum of three occupants required and vehicle (with non-commercial plates) must use a staffed "CASH/E-ZPass" lane and come to a complete stop so the collector can verify the number of occupants. Discount is not applicable in "E-ZPass Only" or "E-ZPass Express" lanes. Plan Code: (PACP)

**Proof of vehicle registration is required to receive the special discount rate.

paulo disclaimer- I would still urge everyone to call your Service Center before making any changes- to get all the info
(800) 333-8655 (New York Service Center) or (888) 288-6865 (New Jersey Service Center)
paulo
Site Admin

Postby halijusapa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks.
halijusapa

Postby gerkmax » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 pm

I called to enroll, and found out I already had it! I thought it was a separate enrollment for the GWB, but they said they automatically added the PA tolls! Thanks!
gerkmax

Postby ritasamson » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 am

thanks for the code it really work for me.
ritasamson

Postby allenmarton » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 pm

nice post,thanks for sharing
allen
allenmarton

Return to GC Carpooling