Cache Ninja cache

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Cache Ninja cache

Postby mmacgown » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey everybody! As some people know, I'm a huge Cache Ninja cache fan having now found 7 of his caches in 4 states! Bob, Barb, BriGuyNY, Taxman417, Labrat101, seagirtlight, Karensplace08 and I were in Harriman on Saturday on a Cache Ninja cache quest. I had read quite sometime ago about his Doodletown cache (GC169) which was archived a number of years ago and was last found in Dec. 2007, after it was archived. So, I put the cache on my watchlist waiting for the opportunity to get up to Harriman and search for it. Low and behold the cache is still there! The coords were off, but it was found by Labrat101. The container was pretty gross. But, knowing that it might be there, I went prepared for cache repair bringing a new lock&lock, logbook and ziplock baggies. We were able to salvage the logbook and place it in a ziplock and place it in a new lock&lock container for preservation. The cache is still ready to be found and logged! Now go get it! [8D]
mmacgown

Re: Cache Ninja cache

Postby halijusapa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Wonderful! Great job! Is there any way for NY Admin to unarchive it without Cache Ninja contacting him/her? (Or maybe someone can convince Cache Ninja to do so?)
halijusapa

Postby addisonbr » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:02 pm

That rocks Marilyn!

halijusapa wrote:Wonderful! Great job! Is there any way for NY Admin to unarchive it without Cache Ninja contacting him/her? (Or maybe someone can convince Cache Ninja to do so?)

I think that's dead in the water. It would be very out of character for groundspeak to unarchive a cache that had been dead for several years, without the CO being involved. Even *with* the CO being involved, they usually say no if years have passed (fats tried to get some of his own caches in Brooklyn unarchived a while back and was told "no" all the way up the chain of appeals). I'd actually be more worried that by drawing attention to the cache, there might be a temptation to lock the listing - that happened with at least one other CN cache that others insisted was in place.
addisonbr

Postby mmacgown » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:40 pm

The cache is actually too close to another nearby cache, about 300ft away. It was while they were searching for that one, that the previous finders back in 2007 "found" this one!
mmacgown

Return to GeoCache Hides