Summer on the Hudson

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Re: Summer on the Hudson

Postby addisonbr » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:07 am

addisonbr wrote:I think we have another, new entrant into the bogus log sweepstakes - "ich auch"

Nothing to see here... Looks like groundspeak has deleted all of the ich auch logs.
addisonbr

Postby Bonick0 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 pm

These stories always make me wonder if the cachers think that noone would check their bogus logs. If you are going to lie about the finds, at least make it realistic. Perhaps stick to easy micros, along the same road, within a short distance of each other. Otherwise you are either a total newbie or a complete idiot. We know that you are lying - just stop it!
Bonick0

Postby addisonbr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:14 pm

I think the newest candidate is "Weyder".

The finds on different continents and coasts in the same day is one thing, but finding caches that are overwhelmingly likely to have been missing for months is another.
addisonbr

Postby lefalaf » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 pm

addisonbr wrote:I think the newest candidate is "Weyder".

The finds on different continents and coasts in the same day is one thing, but finding caches that are overwhelmingly likely to have been missing for months is another.

Just saw this too and reported the account to GS for consideration. I hate to do that, but this account seems to be pretty bogus. Going to delete the log(s) on my cache(s).
lefalaf

Postby mmacgown » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Brett -
Did you contact Groundspeak about this account? I know I've seen a number of sockpuppet accounts that log finds all over in one day as well. Groundspeak will delete those accounts and logs that seem to be physically impossible to find that they have "found".

On another note, I received an email from some Cristiana Rodrigues from Portugal asking for the solutions to puzzle caches in NYC, since they will be visiting and don't have enough time to solve them. I find that quite bold. I told them to focus on the traditional caches rather than the puzzles, since the COs take a lot of time creating them and those that have found them spent huge amounts of time solving them.

Has anyone else received an email request such as this?
mmacgown

Postby lefalaf » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 pm

mmacgown wrote:On another note, I received an email from some Cristiana Rodrigues from Portugal asking for the solutions to puzzle caches in NYC, since they will be visiting and don't have enough time to solve them. I find that quite bold. I told them to focus on the traditional caches rather than the puzzles, since the COs take a lot of time creating them and those that have found them spent huge amounts of time solving them.

Has anyone else received an email request such as this?

Hi Marilyn,

Yes. See the most recent posts here:
http://metrogc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=764
lefalaf

Postby Sparrows_Gold » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:47 pm

I wish I had the final coords for all the puzzlesd in NYC!
Ha Ha!
I'm working on a few for a vist this week!
Sparrows_Gold

Postby gerkmax » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

I think we should share all the final coords just to make sure no one gets them unfairly. :roll: :lol:
gerkmax

Previous

Return to GeoCache Hides