[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Metro NY Geocaching Society • View topic - Metro NYGCS banner on cache pages

Metro NYGCS banner on cache pages

Discuss your hides here

Moderator: gerkmax

Do you display a Metro NYGCS Banner on your cache page?

Yes
29%
I have multiple banners displayed
8%
No, but I want to.
29%
No.
8%
We have a banner?
4%
I display another banner.
No votes
I do not own any caches in the Metro area.
21%

Total votes : 24

Metro NYGCS banner on cache pages

Postby lekogm » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:52 am

So I was just curious, how many people here list a MetroGC banner on any. or all. of their cache listings. Feel free to answer the poll and also leave a comment on which caches have the banner. I'll compile a list with links to the caches and make sure they get put on the front end of the site when paulo says that it's ready for some content.

Thanks!
--
Greg aka LekoGM
lekogm

Re: Metro NYGCS banner on cache pages

Postby Autorita » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 am

I have the nomination banner displayed on one cache page, but I would display a small banner of some sort on my other caches proudly if we have one!
Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby addisonbr » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:39 am

Try using any of the links in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=306&p=2151#p2151
addisonbr

Postby Autorita » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 am

Cachin' yer caches.
Autorita

Postby EastVillageFamily » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 pm

I have added the small banner to the bottom of the long descriptions on my puzzle caches and my Central Park caches. If all our members placed a banner just on their Central Park caches, it should generate a bit of traffic for this site.
EastVillageFamily

Postby hallycat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 pm

I just put one on a new cache that I sent for review. Even the small is a little big in my opinion.
hallycat

Postby EastVillageFamily » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:50 pm

EastVillageFamily

Postby addisonbr » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:09 pm

addisonbr

Postby hallycat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:16 am

hallycat

Postby Tatanka49 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm

So I decide on which banner...then what? Is it just a simple edit to my cache page or do I have to post it as HTML?

J
Tatanka49

Postby addisonbr » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 am

You'll have to post it as HTML.

If you check the "HTML" box for the cache page, you'll have to make one other change to the rest of your description... Before each paragraph, put one of these:

<p>

And at the end of each paragraph, put one of these:

</p>

That will tell the browsers to do what you want them to do - throw a couple of line breaks in between each paragraph. Otherwise, if you don't put those <p> and </p> marks, the browsers will run all of your paragraphs together, even if you hit the return key a million times when typing your description in.

If you have any problems, email me and I'll help you with one of your listings.
addisonbr

Postby peeves79 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:50 am

Hey John, if I can do it you can do it.
Matt aka Peeves79 8-x

peeves79

Postby OKH » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

Here's another question: Am I authorized to use the banner or do you want to vet the cache first? I'm planning on placing some in the coming weeks and I'd be more than happy to add the banner to the cache page.
OKH

Postby addisonbr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 am

addisonbr

Postby OKH » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm

OKH

Return to GeoCache Hides